Top 7 Beginner Tips for Python Developers
New to Python development? Want a cheat sheet that can help you crack through every possible issue, and accelerate your development?
Here are the top 7 tips for Python beginners that we have curated from our experiences as well as that of the others.
- If you are using UNIX system, and face trouble running the Python script you have coded, you can simply use the following command. It will help run the script from command line itself
# run python script
$ python MyFirstPythonScript.py
- Using Python interpreter to run the Python scripts makes it easy for beginners. We generally recommend it. You will need to start the Python console and give the command prompt to get the program running
- There is a datetime module that you can use to calculate the total number of days between two dates
- String searching is pretty easy with Python frameworks. The first way is to check if one string contains another one in the syntax. There are two arguments, and you need to check if the left argument is contained inside the right argument. There is another method, often known as the library method, find(), which returns the index position of the string. In case no string is found, you will get the -1 value
- You can calculate the Python execution time using the methods in the time module. The methods will return the exact execution time taken by each block of code
- The Enumerate() function allows you to add a counter to the iterable object in the code. This returns the iterator value, and accepts sequential indexes beginning with zero. They tend to loop over the list and keep track of the index
- There is a data type Set that is usually useful to Python beginners. The set tends to contain all the unique and immutable objects. You can create the sets using the built-in function set() using a sequence or some iterable object
- With Python, the dynamically typed language, you no longer need to type in the data types. The datatype will be tracked internally by the framework based on the value you have provided them with
- Python is a solid framework that allows you to input conditional expressions
number = count if count % 2 else count – 1
data = data.load() if data is not None else ‘Dummy’
print(“Data collected is “, data)
- Use the simple “+” sign to concatenate the strings
- There is the “init” method that allows you to invoke an object class. This method allows you to perform initialization
These are some of the simple tips that will get you started with Python development, and help you successfully deliver an application.
Sofvare offers success stories for your business with Python application development services. If you want to develop your idea into a Python web application, connect with us via email or phone.